Wednesday, November 25, 2015

FTHS Mid-Week Inspiration


Time for another inspirational post at From The Heart Stamps!
 
So, how are you doing on your Christmas cards? Me? Well, I have a few started, but really need to get on them. I am hoping this long weekend to get caught up on a few things. Like the sentiment says:
 
The holidays are always so HECTIC!!!
Ahhh, deep breath....I can do this :)
 
Here is my card for this week. I incorporated the weekly sketch challenge as well into my card. And this is my first time making a cloud background behind my image. I watched a couple of tutorials on YouTube and decided to give it a shot. I just thought he needed something going on behind him. The clouds turned out ok for my first time. I will keep trying - practice makes perfect RIGHT!



Image: Deck The Halls Birdbrain
Paper: American Crafts ~ Merrymint
Coloring Medium: Copics
Other Supplies: Viva Pearl Pen ~ Chrome Silver, Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers die, Spellbinders Celebrations Pierced Circle dies, Gelly Roll Clear star pen
 
 
I hope you can take some time out this weekend and join us for 1 or more of our challenges. We really enjoy seeing what you create!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Michelle
 
Challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky ~ #283 Christmas
Craft Your Passion ~ #289 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers ~ #98 Anything Goes



6 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I do like this image its so cute and the card design is great. I love the cloud background, it works perfectly and for your first attempt it's super. That is one thing I struggle with creating backgrounds for my images, I never seem to them right. All y Christmas cards are now made, only need to start writing them out, it never seems to end LOL. Have a nice weekend. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Michelle! Fun papers and I really love seeing him in a different color - why do I mostly reach for the yellow when he is awesome in any color?

    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background you created! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take with the Sketch, Michelle and your clouds are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Michelle and I just LOVE your cloudy background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card.Just love the choice of papers and you've coloured the image so beautifully,including your cloudy backdrop.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete